Store Manager (Bilingual: English/Spanish)
Santa Fe Mercados Inc. is a chain of supermarkets and taquerias dedicated to providing customers the best service and quality possible while focusing on the growth and support of employees. As a Store Manager of Santa Fe Foods, you will join a management team with collective goals of efficiently supporting the day-to-day operations, sales, customer and employee needs.
Job Position Requirements
Santa Fe Mercados Inc. has a fast pace environment that focuses around our employees and customers. We emphasize the importance of service, team spirit, responsibility and contribution in order to be successful. The following requirements are also necessary to ensure your success at Santa Fe Foods as a Store Manager.
- Minimum of 5-year experience as a Store Manager role with multiple responsibilities.
- Knowledge and complete understanding of day-to-day grocery/retail operations.
- Bilingual English/Spanish with the ability to read, write and speak both languages fluently.
- Decision-making, speaking and strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate with employees and customers and address matters with the necessary urgency.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Familiarity with OSHA and Health Department standards in order to assure compliance
- Intermediate computer knowledge and the ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office products such as: Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending, reaching, walking
- Team player and good communicator with a solutions-oriented mentality.
- Maintain company standards and procedures by ensuring high performance.
- Maintain and optimize sales for all department.
- Executes diversified assignments with a high degree of complexity.
The Store Manager is responsible for managing all store department to achieve maximum sales, value and profits, while minimizing labor costs. The Store Manager must clearly communicate with all Department Managers the goals that have been set for each department, review product marketing, sales planning, and operational issues to be resolved, and thus implement plans to achieve the stated goals. In addition, perform various tasks assigned by upper management.
- Ensuring your own safety, the safety of customers and co-workers by understanding and practicing store safety rules, and notifying address any potential dangers immediately.
- Maintain safety and cleaning standards in accordance with company specifications and remain in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Guide and train Department managers and team members when needed.
- Initiate recruitment, dismissal, discipline, promotion and evaluation of all store staff.
- Review all department’s weekly work schedule.
- Communicate problems, change recommendations, effectiveness of plans and marketing decisions to upper management.
- Coordinate and help departments when there are absentee workers and perform the additional tasks necessary to provide products and services to customers during peak business hours.
- Greet customers, answer their questions, requests, complaints, and explain company policies in a courteous manner.
- Be aware of seasonal items, cross-marketing, freshness display, understanding trends and needs, customer desires and dealing with their ambiguities.
- Monitor store inventory, keep supplies in storage, and make sure the products are fresh.
- Responsible for the admission and organization deliveries.
- Oversee the cleanliness and safety of all departments
- Review of all displays.
- Ensure processing equipment is being used accordingly and safety measures are being practiced.
- Coordinate the cleaning of department and equipment.
- Ensure cleaning equipment and products are being used correctly and safely.
- Verify analytical log entries to ensure data is being reported and inputted properly.
- Complete order logs in a timely manner to avoid distribution issues and or product shortages.
- Manage annual inventory.
- Schedule maintenance tasks.
- The Store Manager must be available to work weekends and or overtime.
- Stand for the entire working day (with the exception of the breaks provided by the company).
- Constantly walk through all areas of the store during the workday.
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
- Communicate orally with customers and other team members consistently and efficiently during the workday.
- Enter data on computer and portable devices.
- Use two-way radios (listen to incoming messages and provide a concise response).
- Move and organize the goods using the appropriate equipment (carts, containers, etc.) from the warehouse to the sales floor.
- Lift, place and arrange items on shelves, counters and displays.
- Constantly lean down, and reach for product above the head.
- Walk up and down stairs.
- Lift individually up to 49 pounds, up to 97 pounds in a group (less than 2 pounds consistently, 10 pounds frequently, 10-49 pounds occasionally, and 50-97 pounds of group lifting irregularly).
- Work with electrical equipment (saws and knives).
Other jobs at Santa Fe Foods
Taqueria Regional Manager
Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
Accounting Clerk/Accounts Payable
Administrative Clerk/Front Desk
Perks of the Job
Competitive salary equal or above the standard offered by companies in same industry or geographical area.
Health, Dental, Vision & Life
Comprehensive healthcare plans include Health, Dental, Vision & Life insurances after 60 days of service.
401k Retirement Plan
Automatic enrollment into a retirement savings plan benefit after completion of 12 months of service.
Paid Vacation/Paid Sick Days
Paid time off from work benefit for vacation, sick leave or personal commitments.