2687 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
Our website address is: www.santafefoods.org
4. Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
Santa Fe collects information online and by phone, fax and paper that enables us to identify or contact you so we may conduct and complete various business purposes, including but not limited to: advertising, joining our newsletter mail list, requesting information on our products, providing coupons, [purchasing products or services], improving our websites, or otherwise interacting with Santa Fe.
The types of Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
• General data, such as names, addresses, email addresses, age, gender, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, and telephone and cell phone numbers that are provided to us by our customers.
Santa Fe does not collect or store social security numbers, national identification numbers or tax identification numbers for customer or visitors to our websites.
As you interact with our website, Santa Fe collects Non-Personal Data online that does not directly identify you. The types of Non-Personal Data we collect include, but are not limited to:
• Website usage such as browsing history, search terms, number of clicks, pages visited, date/time stamp, time on website
• Computer type, operating system and platform type
• Internet service provider
• Internet protocol (IP) address
5. How We Use Your Data
In addition to the uses described above, we use your Personal Data and Non-Personal Data in a variety of ways such as:
• Contact you.
• Alert you about any potential changes or other news related to our company or products.
• Provide requested information on products and services or to provide information on products and services that you may find valuable.
• Respond to your emails or online requests for products, services, or information.
• Improve the performance and usability of our websites.
• To analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of our visitors in aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand your interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services and deliver to you the type of content, features, and promotions that you are most interested in.
Non-Personal Data is used to improve the performance and usability of our website.
6. Who We Share Your Data With
We share your Personal and Non-Personal Data in a variety of ways including, but not limited to the below:
• Share data with third parties to perform business functions such as data hosting services; web hosting services, email marketing and communication; and customer support.
• Share data with third parties if we believe it is reasonably necessary to do to detect and prevent fraud, security or technical issues, as well as to protect our personnel and property.
• If legally required, share data with designated authorities.
• We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service website and marketing website efforts. These third parties will only use our data for the purpose of carrying out the work as agreed with us and will be required to keep the information confidential. However, the use of your personal information by these third parties is governed by their own privacy policies and is not subject to our control.
• You can request to unsubscribe of our mail lists at any time. or have your data deleted from our systems. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
We do not sell or rent our email lists or sell your data.
7. Third Party Collection of Data
We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity.
8. Where Your Data is Stored and Used:
• Santa Fe has an onsite data server and our IT consultants, Vintage Hippo Media (VHM), host an offsite back-up of our server. Backup data is encrypted in transit and at rest and is retained for a period of up to 90 days.
• Our security software logs email and IP addresses of detected spammers. This information is used to block them from spamming.
9. How Long We Retain Your Data
The following describes some of the data types we collect and the length of time we retain that information:
• Our security software logs email and IP addresses of detected spammers. We keep this information indefinitely to block them from spamming.
• Santa Fe’s onsite data server is backed up offsite by our IT consultants, VHM, and backup data is retained for a period of up to 90 days.
You can request to delete your personal information at any time. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
10. What Rights You Have Over Your Data
If you have requested information or asked to be added to our mail list, you can request for Santa Fe to provide a readout of your personal data, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request to unsubscribe or that we delete your personal data from our systems. This does not eliminate any data we are obligated to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
11. California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides additional rights to residents of California regarding our information collection and use practices.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of your rights.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only required information will be included in our response.
Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from or market to children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Data of a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
13. How We Protect Personal Data
Santa Fe uses reasonable security measures to help protect your personal data against unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is fully secure; therefore, we cannot guarantee or warranty the security of the Personal Data you transmit to us, or to or from our online websites.
Santa Fe secures your information during transmission by using the latest TLS protocols (otherwise known as HTTP over TLS and abbreviated as HTTPS) which encrypts information you input. Administrator access to the server is strictly limited to authorized personnel working from authorized IP addresses. Back-ups and replications of data are encrypted and password protected. Our network is protected by a hardware based, stateful inspection firewall. Data protection is in place via endpoint protection software provided by a global, reputable security company.
Please note that it is extremely important for you to protect yourself against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
14. Linking to Other Internet Sites
15. How You Can Access and Change and Delete Your Personal Data
Please keep your personal data updated and correct. You can review, or update or delete your information or unsubscribe directly on our website or by contacting us. Please see our “Contact Us” section below for more information.
16. Cookies and “Do Not Track” Signals
A cookie is a small string of information that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity on the website and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering your user name and password, if you use such a feature on this website. You can turn off all cookies, in case you prefer not to receive them. You can also have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. For both options, you have to adjust your browser settings (such as Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or other browser). There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. Please be aware, however, that when you choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website you visit and you may lose access to some of its features.
“Do Not Track” Signals
If you have so agreed on the website, you may receive marketing messages and materials from Santa Fe, including without limitation a “welcome” email and subsequent newsletters and other emails. If you do not wish to receive such messages or materials, you may unsubscribe directly on our website.
18. Data Breach Procedures and Notifications
If Santa Fe or our IT vendor detects a data security breach, we will:
• Notify the proper authorities
• Notify our IT management firm VHM
• Determine next steps as per FTC/FBI guidelines based upon the type of data breached. Please note that:
o We do not collect personal information such as government IDs, date of birth, etc.
o We do not store or maintain online records of financial information (credit card numbers, checking accounts, etc.) and we do not collect this information online.
• Where applicable, we will take steps to notify client(s) of data breached.
19. Contact Us
Santa Fe Mercados, Inc.
2687 Story Road
San Jose, CA 95122
Tel: (408) 251-1033